1. I intended to post more this week, but have instead spent most of the week with a baby attached to my chest. Before moving on to formula and totally ruining my supply, I'm trying to get it up instead. I'm taking Fenugreek, nursing a lot and trying to make sure I am drinking more fluids. I don't want to supplement with formula if I don't have to, but this is hard to keep up and I am not sure the kids have really gotten much school done this week.
2. A few years ago we read The Penderwicks and loved it. I just checked out The Penderwicks on Gardam Street on CD for us to listen to in the car. I think the kids and I will like it, but the prologue, in which the mother dies of cancer shortly after giving birth to her fourth child, is hard to take. I was crying hard.
Since I've just recently read The Four Story Mistake and The Moffats to the kids, I want to know -- what is up with killing off one or other of the parents?
3. I love Math-U-See! The kids seem to get it and I am not overwhelmed by prep work as I was with Saxon Math.
4. It seems that Thanksgiving is coming up. I need to figure out what we're making. Turkey, of course, cornbread dressing, apple-cranberry sauce, and our maple-bourbon pumpkin pie with a praline crust (which may be a long name, but it is yummy). I suspect we'll also make mashed potatoes and then I am left with the decision that is always hardest for me -- what vegetables to make. I'm always inclined towards either brussels sprouts or creamed spinach, but those have not exactly been favorites with my children in years past. I'm considering broccoli with a lemon-garlic sauce. I know they like broccoli.
5. My husband and I are going on a date tonight. I'm very excited. We haven't gone out in a long, long time.
6. My children have formed a band of super-heroes. The oldest has dubbed himself Super Strength, the next child is Power Girl, then comes The Amazing Chuckle Bunny. They've decided the two year old shall be known as Super Pork and the baby is to be called Super Short. I'm well protected by my band of heroes.
7. The baby calls. It's time to start nursing again.
5 years ago