(2) The baby is crawling or lunging or something. It is hard to describe her method of locomotion, but suffice it to say, papers and other detritus that my children strew across the floor are no longer safe. It's also time for me to find some baby gates to block entrance to places we have not yet gotten doors for.
(3) Had a nice "date" with my now older husband last night. After the kidlets were
(4) It's so warm in Nashville today though that I think the kids and I will be spending most of our time outside. I have a sudden longing to pull weeds and look at all the bulbs peeking their heads up out of the earth. I really want to buy everything in all the seed catalogs that come to my house, even though I'm lazy and hate starting things from seed. I can't wait to plant more stuff in both the flower beds and the veggie beds. But what I really need to do is clean up all the junk and kid debris in the yard. We're starting to look like rednecks.
(5) Last week, I got to do something I never really thought I wanted to do, but I had a great time. I went to a Celine Dion concert. I admit I've never been a fan particularly, but when you are home with five children any chance to get out of the house is welcome. So when Mrs. Fussypants invited me to come along with her, Jamie and Jessica, I went. Thanks to Alli for asking me and for Barbara Jones at the One2One Network for the tickets.
(6) A girl I was friends with in grade school 23 years ago found me on Facebook. I haven't thought about anyone from that grade school since we moved across the country 23 years ago. And I was one of the first people she looked up when she joined Facebook. It's always strange to think how our lives touch other people's.
(7) I haven't mentioned it before, but I am going to Blissdom. I totally won't fit in, I'm sure, because I happen to be fashion incompetent and all, but I am looking forward to hanging out with the cool blogging women that will be there.
For more Quick Takes visit Jen.