- Decide on Monday to run errands. Take daughter to eye doctor. Find out she needs bifocals. Spend several hours tracking down frames small enough for a six year old, winding up at the same place you bought frames last time. Then spend time sitting around the county health department to get a tetanus shot. Decide school isn't worth starting when you arrive home at 3 p.m.
- Tuesday take the kids to get violins repaired. Realize that violin will not be finished in time for first violin lesson that afternoon. Proceed with allowing teacher to come, but discover that a lesson without an instrument is a frustrating thing. Decide after lesson ends at 2 p.m. that it isn't worth it to start school that day.
- Start Tuesday evening with a fever and a cough.
- Continue fever and cough all day on Wednesday and Thursday. Spend much time in bed. Let the kids watch videos, play Uno and Pass the Pigs, and run wild outside -- decide school isn't worth it right now. Wish toddler and baby wanted to nap all day.
- On Friday hope antibiotics decide to kick in soon. Decide that Spring Break came early this year and that you aren't even going to worry about school until Monday at the earliest.
It might not be the most convenient way to plan a vacation, but if you have a desire to spend a lot of time in bed, it is one way to swing it.