Yes, this is making the Facebook rounds. And yep, I'm posting it here, because I'm busy today.
1. I've been to 48 states, and the missing two are not Alaska and Hawaii, but rather Louisiana and Nevada.
2. I've lived in 7 states.
3. I've lived in at least 20 different houses and apartments.
4. During my last pregnancy, my straight hair turned slightly wavy.
5. I have never smoked, nor ever wanted to.
6. I didn't get my driver's license until I was 20 and out of college.
7. I finished high school in three years and college in three years, and I spent three years in grad school.
8. Despite my undergrad and grad degrees in German, I have made no attempt to teach German to any of my children.
9. I do take them to the library frequently though, so I suppose I use one of my degrees.
10. I have a thing for little girls' dresses with watermelons on them and have collected way more of them than my daughters will probably ever want to wear.
11. I also have a thing for boys in striped shirts and overalls, but I don't buy every one I see.
12. When I got my first e-mail address in 1993, I had to go to the computer department and apply for it.
13. I first got my ears pierced when I was 19. I wasn't "allowed" to, but I went out and got it done while in college.
14. I love the smell of pavement after a rain storm.
15. In fourth grade I won a prize for the ending I wrote to a story in a contest they were having. They gave me a book about dinosaurs.
16. In high school I won the runner-up spot in a Goethe Institut sponsored trip to Germany. Instead of a trip, I got a tote bag.
17. I still have the tote bag and use it all the time for grocery shopping and trips to the library.
18. Having lots of children means I have to go through potty-training and phonics lessons over and over again. Sigh.
19. Sometimes I ban my oldest son from talking about Legos any more.
20. I love tea. I like coffee, but I love tea.
21. When I was little we ran into Tattoo (from Fantasy Island) at a men's clothing store in Pasadena. He patted me on the head, but had to reach up to do it.
22. Alison Krauss has eaten dinner at my house.
23. I've had stitches twice and blame my older brother for both incidents, although he still denies culpability.
24. When I was in high school I liked offering friends the use of my HP calculator and laughing at them when they couldn't figure out how to use it.
25. I have a pair of webbed toes on each foot.
5 years ago